Nagpur: Maha Metro has awarded the work of 5 Metro stations on Sitabuldi-Kamptee Road stretch to construction firm ITD and the work on 3 of them is likely to begin in mid-May. A source said,"ITD has already begun work on Zero Mile Metro station. Now it has been also awarded the work of Kasturchand Park, Automotive Square, Nari Road and Indora stations. We are awaiting permission from traffic police for the latter three stations and the work will start in 10-15 days."
People who viewed this, also viewed: Nagpur Metro: CRRC to supply train coaches for Nagpur Metro
- ITD is also building all the 10 Metro stations in the Sitabuldi-Hingna depot stretch and work has already started on stations at Rani Jhansi Square, Institution of Engineers and Ambazari Lake View.
- Meanwhile, about 50% work of Metro Rail's Mihan depot is over.
- The depot is likely to be complete by mid-July.
- Completion of the depot is vital for the trial run in 2nd half of the year.
- The coaches borrowed from Chennai or Hyderabad Metro rails will be kept in the depot.
- The depot was a complex structure and would house several facilities,source said.
- He said,"It will have an inspection bay, which will have facilities for servicing of cars for 15 days and inspection for 45 days. It will have scope of expansion for three more lines."
- He further said,"It will also have a repair bay where major repair and overhaul of wagons, diesel shunters, electric tractors and tower wagons will be done. Space for stabling of 20 wagon rakes, which will be required in the year 2041, will be provided. There will be an electric substation and diesel generator for emergency supply."
- The source added,"The other facilities include traction repair depot, auto coach washing plant, a traction substation, repair shop for signalling and telecom and an automatic train protection (ATP) and automatic train operation (ATO) room."
- The depot will also have a mini-STP (Sewage Treatment Plant).
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org