New Delhi: Railways ministry is committed to connect all states of the North-East with Broad Gauge lines and lay BG lines in 8.5 lakh kilometres across the country within 5 years, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu said.
People who viewed this, also viewed: Railways sanctions Rs 218 crore for electrification of Villupuram-Thanjavur rail line
- The minister said after flagging off a train and laying foundation of a project through video conferencing from the NFR headquarters at Maligaon in Guwahati, “Connectivity in the North East is the priority of the Centre and efforts are on for electrification of all BG lines in the region in the next 5 years.”
- He said, Since NDA has come to power in 2014 railway projects worth Rs 90,000 crore (approx US$ 14017.6 Million) have been undertaken for all the states of the region.
- He said,“During 2016-17 the railway ministry introduced 26 new trains for the North East.”
- Earlier, he flagged off the Naharlagun-Guwahati Shatabdi Express and laid the foundation of the Murkongselek-Pasighat broad gauge line in Arunachal.
- Minister of State for Railways, Rajen Gohain assured to complete the survey works of 7 BG lines by December next year.
- The minister also assured to complete the work on Murkongselek-Pasighat BG line by 2018.
- The new lines would give a fillip to the industrial corridor in the state, Union Minister Kiren Rijiju said.
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu said that through railway connectivity, the agri-horti sectors in the state would receive a major boost.
- He also announced commencement of surveys for 7 new lines in the state.
7 new lines in the The state for which reconnaissance engineering cum traffic survey commenced are:
- Lekhapani-Kharsang (25 km)
- Itakhola-Seijosa (18 km)
- Doomdooma-Namsai-Wakro (96 km)
- Dangri-Roing (60 km)
- Deomali-Naharkatia (20 km)
- Lekhapani-Miao-Deban (75 km)
- Tinsukia-Pasighat via Simaluguri and Kanubari (300 km)
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to email@example.com