Thiruvananthapuram: Thiruvananthapuram central, the largest railway station of the State in terms of passenger movement and an important railway hub of Southern Railway, is on a colourful makeover. The premier railway station of the State is among the 3 along with Rameswaram & Madurai selected by Southern Railway for depicting local /socio cultural paintings.
People who viewed this, also viewed: Vadnagar Railway Station likely to get a makeover by this year
- The project is part of the initiative to combine cleanliness with creativity and to adorn railway premises, especially railway stations with tourist importance with tribal/ local art.
- An area of 2,050 sq.ft. of the landmark building at Thampanooor is getting painted for an aesthetic look.
- Ceiling of concourse area at the main entry & patches in platform one are being painted to the work entrusted to a Chennai firm.
- In the phase-II, the wall near the ticket counter of the booking office will be adorned with paintings.
- Efforts are on to extend the scheme to other railway stations of the division by roping in sponsors, Railway sources said.
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org