Mumbai: CMI Limited, the manufacturer of specialty cables, has received a order of worth Rs 86.95 crores (approx US$ 13.52 Million) from Central Railways for supply of PVC insulated armoured, unscreened, copper conductor underground railway signalling cable for 6449.89 kms. This order will be delivered within the FY 2017-18, staggered over a period of Nine months. The order has been placed by the Office of Controller of Stores, Mumbai CS Terminus, Central Railways.
People who viewed this, also viewed: Larsen and Toubro Ltd bags order worth INR 3,799 crore (US$ 570 million) from DFCCIL
- Winner : CMI Limited
- Organisation : Central Railways
- Estimated Cost : Rs 86.95 crores (approx US$ 13.52 Million)
- Order : Supply of PVC insulated armoured, unscreened, copper conductor underground railway signalling cable for 6449.89 kms
- Amit Jain, CMD, CMI Limited, commented,“The government’s continued thrust on electrification, network enhancement & decongestion of Indian Railways as well as the development of Metro rail projects across India are spelt as good news for the wire and cables sector. CMI with its strong railway orientation, will be an obvious participant in this growth story.”
About The CMI Limited
- Last 20 years, CMI Limited has partnered Indian Railways (IR) and its subsidiaries/associates, which are among the biggest CMI clients today.
- CMI has supplied wires and cables for metros in different cities such as Delhi, Bangalore, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, etc and negotiations are on with various other metros.
- In this segment, CMI already supplies railway signalling & power cables, axle counter & quad cables, catenary wires, hard drawn copper wires, balise cables for train protection & warning systems & low-smoke zero halogen cables.
- Supply of signalling cables & quad cables to railways contributed 45% to the total revenues of CMI in 2016-17.
- Supply of wires & cables to railways has seen a CAGR of 88% over FY 13-16 and it is expected to continue growing at 28-30% over the next few years (FY 16-19).
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org