New Delhi: Delhi-Chandigarh Passengers will soon get the facilities of Wi-Fi, LCD screen, USB charging facility, & bio-toilets as the first Tejas Express train manufactured in the country — which will travel at a speed of 160 kmph — will be handed over to the Northern Railway on May 15 by the Rail Coach Factory (RCF) in Kapurthala.
People who viewed this, also viewed: Railways to invite financial bids worth over Rs 20,000 crore for manufacturing Modern coaches
- The train can touch the speed of 200 kmph, sources said.
- The Ist rake consisting of 19 coaches including 16 air-conditioned chair cars and 2 executive chair cars besides one power coach will be handed over to the Northern Railway by May 15.
- While the chair car coach will have 78 seats, the executive class coach will have 56 seats.
- It is expected the newly designed coaches will run on the track by this month end but the final decision is to be taken by the railway board, a senior railway official said.
- Earlier, it was decided that this high speed train will run between Mumbai-Goa but now it is learnt that it will run between Delhi-Chandigarh.
- The 3rd train in this series will run between Surat - Mumbai as the next 2 rakes are being manufactured and will be rolled out of the factory by March next year.
About The Train
- The cost of each coach of this train is Rs 3.25 crore and has been built in 6 months.
- The train will have the same bio toilets that are installed in airplanes.
- Also, there will be automatic plug doors on this train which will provide better sound & heat insulation and these doors will be controlled from the guard panel.
- The flush system will have vacuum evacuation besides sensor taps & soap dispenser will be placed.
- The train will have Wi-Fi & bell at each seat like in planes so that the attendant can be called for any help.
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to email@example.com