Mumbai: Work for metro car depot in Aarey Colony is set to begin from June after the MMRC (Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation) said that there is no stay on constructing Metro car depot by the National Green Tribunal (NGT) prohibiting them from carrying out the construction.
It has taken legal opinion from advocate general (AG) and that AG has cited that there is no stay of NGT & MMRC can go ahead with the construction of the car depot inside Aarey Colony, the MMRC claimed.
People who viewed this, also viewed: Metro 3 project: MMRC Invited Tenders For Design, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning Of Ballastless Track
- “We have short-listed three bidders, technical bids and are going to open financial bids. After the evaluation of financial bids is complete, we will award contract to the lowest bidder and work will start in June,” SK Gupta, director (projects), MMRC said.
- Last month, MMRC began soil-testing & geo-technical survey for the depot.
- Explaining about the civil designs for construction of depot inside Aarey Colony,“The contract that we will award in few days will include contract for both metro car depot and construction of Aarey Colony metro station. The metro will come from underground the Western Express Highway (WEH) and enter Aarey Colony. However, the tracks in Aarey Colony will be laid on ground and won’t be elevated or underground,” Gupta said.
- “The security at the metro depot would be same like that of standard security at metro depots in several cities and the commuters would be allowed to access the Aarey metro station. The depot would not be accessible for everyone considering the security protocol,” Gupta said.
- The 33.5 kilometer Colaba-Bandra-Seepz Metro-3 corridor will be underground with total civil construction cost of Rs 18,114.9 crore (approx US$ 2786.91 Million) in 7 packages.
- The Metro-3 corridor would be a crucial north-south link connecting major central business districts like that of Nariman Point, Bandra-Kurla Complex & Seepz in Andheri.
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to email@example.com