New Delhi: The Indian Railways will launch shortly its redesigned e-tendering system with more user-friendly new features to facilitate digital participation of over 60,000 vendors. Ushering in a new era by going paperless, the system envisages that bids are invited online & the entire process leading to award of a tender is done electronically.
People who viewed this, also viewed: Indian Railways plans to produce 1,000 MW solar energy
- A senior railway ministry official said, online refund of tender cost & earnest money deposit, online bidder deregistration process, integration with payment gateways of more banks are currently underway in the railways to make the system efficient & transparent.
- The redesigned e-tendering system part of the complete digitisation of supply chain will have vendor interface module to benefit vendors with online vendor registration & inspection call & contract amendment process.
- The official said, besides, the system would facilitate auto-alerts, processes relating to acceptance of supplied material & its payments and also include vendor grievance redressal process.
- The railway supply chain supports activities of production, asset acquisition, periodic overhaul & maintenance of rolling stock, tracks, stations, signalling & telecom network, etc.
- The official said that digitisation of railway supply chain is designed towards achieving objectives of transparency, global reach, efficiency, ease of doing business, removing entry barriers & enhanced competitiveness.
- While several vendor-related processes & documents are also going to be digitised, efforts are also on to enable vendors to submit online bills & ensure seamless payment.
- The digitised supply chain provides single window access for entire supply chain process, 24x7 global & easy reach in real time, savings of time, cost & efforts, online payments for tender cost & earnest money deposit.
- Digitisation of railway supply chain began with e tendering in its procurement & e-auction in its sale of scrap, the official said.
- At present, scrap material more than Rs 2,700 crore (approx US$ 415.38 Million) is sold through 100% e-auctions annually.
- While over 2,700 bidders have been registered for sale of scrap materials, more than 32,000 scrap lots are e-auctioned annually.
- Payment towards earnest money deposit is collected through e-payment gateway.
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to email@example.com