Nagpur: Mahametro preparations for the trial run of Nagpur Metro Rail project is in full swing and the officials are confident of achieving their target in 2nd half of 2017. The trial run will be conducted over the at grade section of the Metro between Mihan depot - Airport station. All the works for trial run were progressing at desired pace, a source in Mahametro said.
People who viewed this, also viewed: Nagpur Metro: Metro Service To Be Extended Till Kanhan
- He said,"Be it laying the tracks, traction system (power supply), signalling or depot construction all are as per schedule."
- The earthwork for laying the tracks has been completed.
- The source said,"The laying of ballast (crushed stone) over earthwork has been completed between chief project manager (CPM) office to New Airport Metro station, New Airport to Khapri Metro station and from Mihan flyover to Mihan depot. Only the section between Khapri station to Mihan flyover remains."
- The Laying of tracks has been completed between Mihan flyover - Mihan depot & CPM office - New Airport.
- Track laying in entire at grade section is expected to be complete by June 30.
- The laying of OHE (overhead electrical) mast for providing traction has been completed in Mihan depot.
- The work will be completed in entire stretch by the end of July.
- The remaining work will take another month.
- The Work of installing signalling systems has begun at Khapri metro station.
- The same would start at Airport South and New Airport stations very soon.
- The source further said,"We will start with automatic signalling and then switch over to communication based train control (CBTC) system at a later stage. Until the command and control centre is constructed CBTC is not possible."
- Coaches for trial run will be rented from Hyderabad Metro.
- The process is in advanced stages.
- The construction of the depot will be completed by the end of June.
- Meanwhile, civil aviation ministry is yet to appoint the commissioner of metro railway safety (cmrs) for Nagpur Metro Rail.
- The source added,"The appointment is expected in a month. This wing comes under civil aviation ministry since British times. If the commissioner belongs to Indian Railways then he can't do his job without internal pressure."
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to email@example.com