PUNE: Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (Maha-Metro) has initiated steps for the construction of 9 elevated stations on the Pimpri-Range Hills corridor, which is a part of the Pune metro rail project. This corridor is a part of the PCMC-Swargate route, which the corporation has taken up on a priority basis, & aims to complete by 2019.
People who viewed this, also viewed: NCC Bagged Worth Rs 499 Cr for The First Construction Contract from Pune Metro
- Bids have been invited for construction of the stations (excluding viaduct), & bidders are expected to submit their tenders by June 13.
- Maha-Metro has carried out studies & surveys on the 10.5 kilometer long stretch.
- The total length of route, up to Swargate, is of 16.5 kilometer, and will have 14 stations.
- 9 of the stations, on the Pimpri-Range Hills corridor, will be elevated while the rest will be underground.
- The route will go over the old Pune-Mumbai highway up to Dapodi wherefrom it will cross the river & railway tracks, & reach Range Hills.
- The estimated cost of construction of the 9 stations is Rs 449 crore (approx US$ 69.08 Million).
- These stations are including the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, Sant Tukaramnagar, Bhosari, Kasarwadi, Phugewadi, Dapodi, Bopodi, Khadki & Range Hills.
- PCMC has identified the locations for the stations.
- Officials said, being elevated stations, most would not require additional land.
- Already, the work order for this section has been issued, & work is expected to start in phases from Nashik Phata.
- Work on the route will not hamper daily traffic, & that steps are being taken to avoid any disruption, Maha-Metro said.
- The corporation has also invited bids to design the stations.
- The stations will have world class facilities, and that the plan is to design them according to various themes, Brijesh Dixit, Maha-Metro managing director, said.
- Dixit said,"Stations along the river, such as Pune Municipal Corporation, Sambhaji Park etc will have a river theme. Stations like Shaniwarwada, Pataleshwar and Nagar Road, located near heritage structures, will be developed on a heritage and history theme. Meanwhile, stations between Pimpri and Range Hills will be developed on an industrial theme, because of the large number of factories located on this belt."
- They have invited consultants of national & international repute to develop the stations, Dixit said.
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org