Posted By Rail Analysis India
Post Date: 30/05/2017
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Kerala’s prestigious Kochi Metro project on June 17. The inaugural function of the 13-km Aluva-Palarivattom corridor will be held at Aluva in Ernakulam district.
* In the first phase, seven trains with CBTC technology will run on the 14-km Aluva-Palarivattom corridor.
* A total of nine trains are equipped with the technology, provided by French company Alstom. The CBTC system will give the position of the train more accurately.
* Over 600 trained women from the ‘Kudumbasree Mission’ have been employed to ensure the smooth run of the first phase of the metro.
* Twenty three persons from the transgender community have been employed for jobs ranging from handling the ticket counter to housekeeping work.
* According to the KMRL, Rs 10 is the minimum charge and a passenger traveling from Aluva to Pettah (the entire journey) will have to pay Rs 60.
* Rs 20 is the charge fixed for traveling a 5 km distance, Rs 30 for 10 kms and for traveling 15kms, a passenger will have to pay Rs 40. Rs 50 for traveling a distance of 20 kms and Rs 60 for traveling a distance of 25 kms.
* The KMRL is planning to give concession for passengers using the Kochi One application, officials said.
* The state government had recently given clearance for extension of phase II of Kochi Metro from Jawaharlal Nehru stadium to Infopark.