Nagpur: The ambitious project of Nagpur Metro (Majhi Metro), got further momentum as 550 tonnes of Head Hardened Rail reached the city from Russia. Head hardened rails are typically used in Metro projects & High Speed Freight Corridors.
Head hardening technology entails a special heat treatment process which requires precise temperature control to achieve nearly 50% higher hardness as compared to a normal rail.
People who viewed this, also viewed: Nagpur Metro Trial Run Between Mihan Depot-Airport Station To Begin In 2nd Half Of 2017
- Maha Metro will be using stone ballast, concrete sleepers & 1080 Grade Head Hardened Rails for running the metro train on centrally built pillars.
- The RDSO (Research Development and Standards Organisation) has made it compulsory to use of 60 kg 1080 Head Hardened Rail for Metro work.
- The Head Hardened Rail has been used in all the metro rail projects in India.
- The length of the these Head Hardened rails is 18 meters.
- However, Nagpur Metro rail is the first Metro which will using 25-meter rail on an experimental basis.
- Nagpur Metro has imported rail from Russia which has arrived in Mumbai by ship.
- The rails were transported to Nagpur by long trailers, from Mumbai.
- Currently, 550 tonnes of Head Hardened Rail has reached Nagpur & the remaining will soon reach the city.
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org