India and Russia signed the much-awaited agreements.
People who viewed this, also viewed: Cabinet approves cooperation between India and Japan on Railway Safety
More Details :
PM Modi said the relations between India and Russia have been unwavering, based on "mutual love, respect and strong trust".
He said we speak in one language, the two leaders had decided to speed up the bilateral cooperation in all fields, for which an 'Action Plan' has been devised.
The list of agreements is as follows:
- A two-year-long agreement (2017-2019) on cultural exchanges between the two nations. This was signed by India’s Ambassador to Russia Pankaj Saran and Russian Culture Minister Vladimir Medinskyii
- A general framework agreement for the construction of the third stage of the Kudankulam NPP (KK5 & KK6) along with the Credit Protocol. This was signed by Satish Kumar Sharma, Chairman NPCIL and Alexei Likhachev, CEO ROSATOM
- An agreement between the Federal Service for Intellectual Property (Rospatent) and the Council of India on Scientific and Industrial Research on granting access to Rospatent experts to the Indian Digital Library of Traditional Knowledge (TKDL). This was signed by Ambassador Pankaj Saran and Grigory Ivliev Head of ROSPATENT
- The fourth one was for the Railways: Contract between JSC (Russian Railways) and the Ministry of Railways of the Republic of India on the preparation of the justification for the implementation of the high-speed service at the Nagpur-Secunderabad section. This was signed by Ambassador Pankaj Saran and Oleg Beloserov, President of Russian Railways
- Memorandum of cooperation between ALROSA Joint Stock Company and the Council for the Promotion of the Export of Precious Stones and Jewellery of India. This was signed by Praveen Shankar Pandya, Chairman, Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) and Sergei Ivanov, President ALROSA
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org